OK, let me start by admitting there is nothing “down and dirty” about this tuna salad–it’s just so quick, I can make it on the fly. Like so much of my cooking, it changes depending on what I have on hand. Right now, that isn’t much!
- One can tuna, drained
- Two tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Two tablespoons diced onion
- Three tablespoons mayo or salad dressing (or, if you’re like me, the dregs of the salad dressing with the rest made up in mayo!)
- One eighth teaspoon lemon or lime juice
1. Mix everything together in a bowl.
2. Serve in a) a sandwich, b) on crackers, or c) in a scooped out tomato (my favorite).
In this tuna salad recipe, the lemon or lime juice is key–it makes something uber-simple into something worth eating!