Yes, you have noticed that I like margaritas. I am constantly searching for the next great ‘rita. For tonight, this is it. We had a huge watermelon that the two of us couldn’t finish, so margaritas fit the bill.
- Cup and a half of watermelon, cut in 1″ chunks and seeded
- Three shots tequila
- Two shots triple sec
- One shot simple syrup (or less, to taste)
- Juice of two limes (or two to three tablespoons lime juice to taste)
1. Place the watermelon, tequila, and triple sec in a single layer in a large bowl and leave in the fridge for anywhere from two to twenty-four hours.
2. Pour the watermelon/alcohol mixture into a blender with all the other ingredients. Pulse until very thick and “creamy”. Add ice until it’s the perfect thickness.
3. Salt four glasses and pour. Mmmmmm. Summery and festive all at once!