The other night we scoured the cabinets and freezer, and came up with the following:
- Two Italian sausages
- A 12-oz jar of homemade tomato sauce with garlic and thai pepper
- Half a bag of linguini
- A few tablespoons of red wine
1. Place tomato sauce in a saucepan. Add garlic, salt, Italian spices (I used only oregano), and bring to a boil. Turn down and add wine to taste (1-2 tablespoons). Simmer for about 30 minutes.
2. At the same time, start the Italian sausages in a skillet.
3. About 10 minutes after you turn the sauce down, start the water for the linguini. Once it boils, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
4. Take the sausages out of the skillet and add the sauce to the skillet. With a silicon spatula, mix the sausage drippings with the sauce. Cut up the sausage and add it to the sauce.
5. Drain the linguini and toss with the sauce and sausages. Serve with some salad and bread, if you have it.