You don’t have to be Martha Stewart to make an easy tuna casserole. You probably have everything you need for this one in your cabinets right now!
- One box dry mac and cheese, discard the “cheese”
- One can of tuna in water
- One can of cream of mushroom soup
- Enough milk to fill the soup can
- Half a small onion, chopped (optional)
- One cup frozen corn, peas, or broccoli (canned is OK, but frozen is better)
- Half a cup of sour cream (optional, but delicious)
- Four pats of butter (not necessary if you have sour cream, but I use both)
- Eight ounces grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, mix the first eight ingredients and a little more than half of the cheese.
3. Pour the mixture into a deep, 9″X 9″ glass casserole dish, or a shallower 9″ X 13″ dish. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Cook for 30 minutes, then cover the edges with foil, leaving the center open. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. (maybe less with a shallow dish)
5. Take out and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.