One night I was scouring the bottom of my resources for something to cook. I had four pieces of frozen chicken in the freezer, a bottle of Mike’s Hard Lemonade in the fridge, and a mango on the counter. From that, I created a super easy and super delicious five-ingredient crock pot recipe.
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- One large mango, peeled and sliced
- One bottle Mike’s Hard Lemonade
- Ginger to taste
- Sea salt to taste
1. Pour the Mike’s in the crock pot.
2. Layer two of the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot, shake ginger and sea salt over the top to taste, and cover with half of the mango slices. Layer the next two chicken breasts in the crock pot and repeat.
3. If liquid doesn’t cover the chicken, add water to just cover, put on the lid, and cook on high until thoroughly cooked, four to six hours, depending on the crock pot.
4. Serve over rice (if you have it) with some soy sauce for an Asian taste, or shred the chicken and serve as a stew.