I have no idea what to call this thing, but trust me–I’m a genius when it comes to using up stuff that would otherwise just be “leftovers”! So this time, I had a little bit of browned hamburger left over from tacos, a couple of leaves of lettuce, and two tostada shells. Cook up some rice and add some seasoning, and this 5-ingredient meal was ready in no time!
For this recipe I cooked the rice in my rice cooker. If you don’t have one, follow the directions for a small amount of rice.
- Leftover browned hamburger (about half to three-quarters of a cup)
- Rice cooked in rice cooker (smallest amount, for me three quarters of a cup before cooking)
- Soy sauce to taste
- Tostada shells
- Italian dressing or balsamic vinaigrette
1. Cook the rice as directed for your rice cooker (or on the stove top if necessary).
2. When the rice is thoroughly cooked, turn the cooker to “Warm” or the stove to the lowest heat setting and add the hamburger and soy sauce to taste. For me, that was about 5 shakes of the bottle!
3. Stir this mixture together and allow to heat a bit, stirring occasionally. When warm, remove from heat.
4. Place tostada shells on a plate, heap a generous amount of the rice/hamburger mixture on the tostada, and cover with lettuce. Drizzle a small amount of dressing over the top.
5. Eat with your fingers because messy is yummy!